The Following Collections are no longer housed at the history center:
State Archives Collection:
- Naturalization Records that have been microfilmed, dated 1850-1950s. ca. 200 medium oversize boxes. Naturalization Records remain available at the library on microfilm.
- Supreme Court Case Files, dated 1850-1991. ca. 3,123 boxes.
- Hennepin County District Court Civil Case Files, dated 1858-ca. 1934. ca. 2,047 boxes.
- MHS Archives, dated 1849-2000s. ca. 1,150 boxes
- Roger D. Moe Papers, dated 1954 - 2003, 87 boxes
- Maurice Stans Papers, dated 1882-1990. ca. 199 boxes
- Soo Line Records, dated 1885-1954. ca. 275 boxes.
All of these materials can be retrieved upon request.
- Normally, a maximum of 6 boxes per researcher can be retrieved at one time
- More than 6 boxes can be retrieved for a charge of $10 per box
- Records are transferred from off-site storage once per week and are delivered by 9am on Tuesday mornings
For information on how to place a retrieval request contact the Library by phone during our open hours (651-259-3300) or email.