Copy Services is located in the Library's Weyerhaeuser Reference Room. The deadline for placing same day photocopy orders is 30 minutes before closing.
Most items in the collections may be copied by our staff, unless they are too fragile or are subject to legal, contractual or copyright restrictions. Because of the historical, unique, and sometimes fragile nature of our materials, there are no self-service copy machines at the Gale Family Library.
Permission must be obtained from the Minnesota Historical Society to publish or display any items copied from the Society's collections. For questions about permissions, please see the Permissions and Licensing section of our Images FAQ page or send an email to our Permissions Team.
For On-site Researchers
- Black and White Photocopies
- Color Photocopies
- Copy Stand Rental: A copy stand is available in the Weyerhaeuser Reading Room for researchers who wish to photograph items from the Society's collections themselves*. There is a use fee of $2.00 per hour. Call (651) 259-3301 or ask at the Copy Services window to reserve the stand.
For current on-site rates and costs, view the Copy Services Price List.
For Off-Site Researchers
- Copy Request Service: Staff can make photocopies or PDF scans of specific materials. Payment is required in advance.
- Research Services: A variety of basic research services that can be ordered through our online store system
Other Copying Services
- Photo and Image Duplication: For more information, see our Images FAQ page.
- Media Duplication: Copies of video, film, or audio may be requested by downloading and completing the Media Duplication Request Form. See our Price List for current rates.
- Microfilm Duplication: Most of our microfilm can be copied by the reel. See our Price List for current rates.
* On-site Library patrons can often take digital photographs of materials, but some materials cannot be photographed. Please see the Camera Use Policy and ask at the reference desk before taking any photographs.