We welcome visits by classes of students from Junior High through College. To make your visit pleasant and productive, there is a limit of 30 students per scheduled class-visit.
Setting Up a Visit
1. Check Library hours (left sidebar) to plan your visit.
2. Let us know when you are coming so we can be ready for your students. Email us using our Class Visit Form or call us (651-259-3300) at least 2 weekdays before you plan to bring in your class.
3. Request Materials before your class arrives.
- Search the Library Catalog to identify books, manuscripts, or archival materials you would like to see. If you are having trouble finding materials in the catalog, this helpful video.
- Fill out call slips and fax them to 651-297-7436.
4. Remember, our collections have a Minnesota Focus. Students researching topics not involving Minnesota or its citizens may want to try a different source.
View Class Visits Tutorial
Check out our Research Guides. There are subject guides, how-tos, and other resources. The most general guides that will be useful for teachers and students are:
Articles from Minnesota History Magazine that were published five years ago or before are available online. Check the index for articles of interest.
View one or more of our helpful tutorial videos.
Contact Jennifer Rian at 651-259-3311 or email.