Group tours can be arranged by reservation and should be made at least one week in advance. Please call 651-297-2555 or e-mail email@example.com. A number of tour options are available:
James J. Hill House Tours
Guided tours of the house can be arranged for your group any day of the week. Tours include a 10 minute video on James J. Hill.
- Group size: Larger tours will be divided into smaller groups of approximately 25 people per tour guide.
- Length: Tours last 75 minutes but can be adjusted to fit your needs.
- Evening tours: For evening tours, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for current pricing and availability.
- Cost: $8 per person, $80 minimum.
- $4 discounted group rate for nonprofit organizations serving limited income audiences.
Summit Avenue Tours
St. Paul's Summit Avenue is the longest stretch of Gilded Age mansions remaining in the country. Walking tours and bus tours discuss the history, architecture, and historic preservation concerns of this historic neighborhood.
- Guides lead your group along the oldest part of the avenue (1.5 miles round trip).
- Available May-September.
- Cost: $10 per person, $100 minimum.
- A step-on guide can provide a 60-minute tour of the entire length of Summit Avenue.
- Cost: $150 per guide.
Tours for People with Memory Loss
Take a sensory-based tour designed for people with memory loss and their caregiver. Each themed tour highlights three rooms in the James J. Hill House and is followed by an optional social time with pastries and coffee.
- Offered the first Tuesday of every month from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Cost: Free
- Reservations: Call 651-259-3015 or register online.
Private group tours:
- Available by appointment on Monday and Tuesday from 10:30-11:30 a.m. (These tours are the same as the public tours but do not include a social time.)
- Cost: Free
- Reservations: Call 651-259-3015 or email email@example.com.