Group tours can be arranged by reservation and should be made at least one week in advance. Please call 651-297-2555 or e-mail email@example.com.
James J. Hill House Tours
Guided tours of the house can be arranged for your group any day of the week.
- Tour length is 75 minutes but can be adjusted to fit your needs.
- 10-minute video on James J. Hill is included.
- Larger tours will be divided into smaller groups of approximately 25 people per tour guide.
- For evening tours, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for current pricing and availability.
- Cost: $7 per person, $80 minimum.
Summit Avenue Tours
St. Paul's Summit Avenue is the longest stretch of Gilded Age mansions remaining in the country. Walking tours and bus tours discuss the history, architecture, and historic preservation concerns of this historic neighborhood.
- Guides lead your group along the oldest part of the avenue (1.5 miles round trip).
- Available May-September.
- Cost: $10 per person, $100 minimum.
- A step-on guide can provide a 60-minute tour of the entire length of Summit Avenue.
- Cost: $150 per guide.
Tours for People with Memory Loss
Take a private, sensory-based tour designed for people with memory loss and their caregiver. Each themed tour highlights three rooms in the James J. Hill House and is followed by an optional social time with pastries and coffee.
- Tours are offered the first Tuesday of every month from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Cost: Free
- Reservations: Call 651-259-3015.