Costumed guides lead visitors through the Meighen store and residence which are filled with original artifacts. Outside, visitors can move at their own pace, exploring 19th-century crops and field work. Guided tours last 45 to 60 minutes.
The historic site offers hands-on programs for schools, families, day camps and community groups that explore life in the rural southeastern Minnesota community of Forestville.
- Availability: Adult group tours are available from Memorial Day weekend through the end of October.
- Group size: A minimum of 15 people is required.
- Length: Tours last 75-90 minutes. Two hours are recommended to allow time to explore the historic site.
- Parking: The Historic Forestville parking lot is located three quarters of a mile past the park office, just south of the river and historic site. A state park vehicle permit is required. Bus parking is also available.
- Cost: $6 per person. Two free admissions are included for the tour leader and bus driver, per group of 30.
- $4 discounted group rate for nonprofit organizations serving limited income audiences.
- Reservations: Reservations should be made at least two weeks in advance, call 507-765-2785 or e-mail email@example.com. Cancellations must be made one week prior to scheduled arrival time.