Explore the visitor center's exhibits including a state-of-the-art timber harvester simulator, a mulitmedia theatre show about forest fires and other interactives about the natural and cultural history of the forest.
Exhibit features include:
- "Goods from the Woods," a gallery of products made from locally harvested wood, including everything from toothpicks to hockey sticks.
- A full-sized "dead log" for crawling through and a corner built especially for kids, with toys, games and books about forests.
- A state-of-the-art timber harvester simulator where visitors can take hold of the controls and experience today's high-tech logging environment.
A full-sized logging truck cab transformed into a mini-theater with historic films on moving timber, from horse-logging to railroads and trucks.
A contemporary log cabin highlighting the impact of development on the northern forest.
- Filmed stories of people involved in making a living in and managing Minnesota's forests.
- An all-terrain vehicle, reminding visitors of the importance and impact of forest recreation.
- A 30-seat theater with a multimedia show on the awesome force and regenerative power of forest fires.
- Exhibits on forest conservation and society's role in protecting this valuable resource.
- A multimedia exploration of forest change over time, from the era of the glaciers through the present and into the future.