Political & Social Power in Victorian St. Paul
Step back to the 19th century at the Alexander Ramsey House, the home of Minnesota’s first territorial governor.
Discover the unique legacy of one of Minnesota’s founding families. Tour the beautifully preserved Victorian-era mansion and learn about the political and social power wielded by the wealthy and influential residents of Saint Paul’s historic Irvine Park.
- Explore three floors filled with over 14,000 original items and furnishings.
- Learn the traditions of social calls and courtship.
- Taste a treat and see the “modern appliances” of a Victorian-era kitchen.
- Listen to excerpts from the Ramsey family’s personal letters and journals.
- Discover the private and public lives of the Ramsey family and their household servants.
- Learn how Ramsey’s granddaughters preserved the home for future generations.
Length: 90 minutes
Call for available times.
$18 MNHS members
(Min./Max group size: 15/40)
Call 1-844-MNSTORY for reservations!
Reservations must be made no later than 3 weeks in advance. Please notify us in advance of any potential mobility issues or language/interpreter needs.