The Alexander Ramsey House is a perfect place to schedule a group tour.
A costumed guide will escort your group through the Ramsey mansion, bringing the world of the Ramsey family to life including Alexander Ramsey’s roles in state and national politics, the servants who worked in the home and what life was like in St. Paul’s Irvine Park neighborhood after the Civil War. Specific tour themes can be requested with advanced notice.
- Group size: Up to 60 per hour, divided into groups of 15 maximum.
- Length: Tours last one hour and begin in the carriage house. Please arrive 10 to 15 minutes prior to your tour start time.
- Parking: Free on-site parking. Bus parking is also available.
- Cost: $7 per person. A deposit is required, usually 50 percent of the total group admission fee. Cancellations made one week prior to the tour date will result in a refund of the deposit, less a $25 administrative fee. Refunds are not given if a cancellation request is made less than a week before the tour date.
- $4 discounted group rate for nonprofit organizations serving limited income audiences.
- Reservations: Call 651-296-8760. Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance.
The Alexander Ramsey House is open for public tours during the Christmas season only. The site is open throughout the year for special events and programs. Please check our events calendar for information about our upcoming offerings.
New group tour offered for 2016 - Political & Social Power in Victorian St. Paul
Bring your adult tour group for a new program that takes guests back to the 19th century at the Alexander Ramsey House, the home of Minnesota’s first territorial governor.