Victorian Dress-up Parties
Children ages 8 to 12 can celebrate birthdays, have a scout event or host a private party at this special Victorian mansion. During the 2-hour program children can try on bustles, corsets, petticoats and dresses over their clothes.
- Availability: January through October, 10 a.m. through 3 p.m.
- Reservations: Must be made at least 2 weeks in advance and require prepayment. Call 651-296-8760.
- Group size: We recommend a maximum of 12 attendees. Ask about special arrangements for larger groups
- Food: You are welcome to bring snacks for your group, or if this is a birthday party, a cake and gifts. The Ramsey House provides paper plates, forks, spoons, napkins and lemonade in crystal punch cups.
- Scouts: Do you intend to earn a badge, such as the "Listening to the Past" badge for Brownies? If so, tell us, we'd love to help.
- Cost: $180 / $160 for MHS members.
In today’s fast-paced world the art of social graces can get lost along the way. Victorian girls, like the Ramsey granddaughters Anita and Laura Furness, were expected to attend finishing school where they learned the arts of personal interaction and good manners. In this one-of-a kind day camp, young ladies will dress up in Victorian outfits and learn about Victorian fashion, etiquette, dancing and poise – culminating with tea on the porch and a dance recital for families. Limit 12 per session.
Become a super-sleuth and use clues to solve a mystery at the Ramsey House. During this 3-day camp, kids will explore primary source materials like the Ramsey House itself, artifacts inside the home, letters, journals and recipes. Campers will comb through the evidence to reveal the mystery. A new mystery is presented each day. At the end of camp, each child will be certified a Ramsey House History Detective. Limit 12 per session.